Apply for interdisciplinary research projects with 2 student-assistants
Deadline 8 June 2018 at 12.00pm (noon)
The Network Institute’s (NI) Academy Assistants program (NIAA) is now entering its eighth year. Initially funded through a KNAW grant and aimed at combining social sciences and computer science research, it has since been adopted by the Network Institute and opened up for other interdisciplinary projects which fall within the NI’s research themes. The Academy Assistants program aims at promising high-potential master students who want to conduct scientific research and possibly pursue an academic career. Last year, six Academy Assistant proposals were funded, this year, the program will also be able to fund six to seven projects.
This is a call for new proposals to start from October 2018 onwards. The program aims to bring together scientists from different disciplines; therefore the projects must combine methods and themes from two different disciplines affiliated with the NI. For each awarded project, the program funds two student research assistants (0,2 FTE) for a period of ten months. The intended outcome of the projects should be papers and/or research proposals. In addition, at the end of the project (July 2019) we will publish proceedings of this year’s project.
This call is aimed at researchers who are willing to cross the boundaries of their own discipline, and who have a research topic in mind that would benefit from such an interdisciplinary approach. If you are interested in participating in this program, please send us a short research proposal as outlined in the template proposal below. Send the completed proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 8 June 2018 at 12.00 pm. An independent committee will evaluate the proposals. The successful projects will be announced during the NI end of year meeting on 3 July 2018.
- Proposals should combine two disciplines that are part of the Network Institute;
- Project supervision by two (and not more than two) Network Institute researchers;
- Proposed projects can be continuations of previous NIAA projects. In that case, supervisors need to address the way in which this new proposal is different from the previous project.
- A maximum of one project per supervisor will be awarded (although it is allowed to submit multiple proposals);
- Funding for two student assistants for ten months at one day per week (0.2 FTE); value around €14,000;
- A 500€ travel/expenses budget per project;
- Submission before 8 June 2018 at 12.00 pm;
- Decision on 3 July 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this call or eligibility, please contact:
We look forward to receiving your proposals!