TNO and The Network Institute of the VU University present
The cutting edge of smart power grids
A ONE-DAY INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR – 3 July 2013
VU University Amsterdam
Free passes for SISK PhD Students working on Energy-related topics. Special rate for other SIKS members. See below for details.
Top-level international smart grid experts gather in Amsterdam for a symposium on the cutting edge of Smart Power Grids across Europe. This unique group of speakers is able to share how their smart grid research led to concrete industrial innovations. All speakers are international leaders in Smart Grids research and innovation already for many years and have been key players in the large European and national projects and programmes in this field. In keynotes from Germany, France, Greece, Sweden and the Netherlands, our speakers will share with you how a 100% renewable energy supply is reachable. How active electricity networks are prepared for massive green electricity production. How customers can become involved in co-creating a sustainable power system. And how novel smart technology approaches give rise to new energy business models. This seminar will give you an insight into the International Cutting Edge of Smart Power Grids!
- Nouredine Hadjsaid, Professor, Grenoble Institute of Technology, and Director of IDEA, the common research center between EDF, Mobdro Download Schneider Electric and INPGrenoble, France;
- Rune Gustavsson, Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden;
- Nikos Hatziargyriou, Professor, National Technical University of Athens, and Former Executive Vice-President of Public Power Corporation, Greece.
- Koen Kok, Senior Scientist Smart Electricity Grids, TNO, The Netherlands;
- Wil Kling, Professor, TUe and Board member of TKI Switch2SmartGrids, The Netherlands.
Get your TKI Switch2SmartGrids Update!
Get updated on the Dutch TKI Tender for smart grids innovation projects. The 2013 tender has a budget of 5,7 Mio Euro and is expected to open end of June. Get yourself updated on the tender details!
Special arrangements for SIKS members
There are up to 5 free passes for SIKS PhD students working on energy-related research topics. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the following information: your name & affiliation, name & affiliation of your PhD Supervisor, and a short description of your PhD topic.
All other SIKS members receive a 20% discount on the seminar fee. The resulting fee is 200. Use the voucher code “SIKS_Guest” when registering through the registration form.
More Info & full program: www.tno.nl/smartgridseminar.