In the spring of 2015 the Network Institute will organize a networking session between researchers and the Tech Labs of the university and companies and CSOs from outside the academic world. The aim is to facilitate and create new collaborations between researchers and companies in the larger Amsterdam area. We hope to;
· set-up and execute 5 projects using ‘collaboration vouchers’;
· build networks with companies for possible future grant proposals;
· and be inspired by each other!
The Network Institute offers 5 ‘collaboration vouchers’, each worth € 5.000, for the most promising collaborations. With these vouchers 5 researcher will be able to spend about one month research time (or less and use a part for investments) to achieve the joint goals of the project. A voucher can also be (partially) used to make use of the Tech Labs of the Network Institute. There are no conditions as to the actual content of the projects: a user test in one of the Tech Labs, literature research, building a proto-type, consultancy, anything goes.
To make sure the networking session will be a success we need your input! Please answer the following questions before Friday February 6.
1. Would you be interested in participating in the networking session?
2. Do you have any specific topics, with or without use of the Tech Labs, for which you would like to collaborate with an external party (company or CSO)? If so, please indicate which topic(s).
3. Do you have any useful contacts within companies or CSOs that you would like to invite to the networking session? If so, please let us know who.
4. If you do not have any applicable contacts, do you have any ideas about which companies or CSOs you would like to meet during the networking session?
Your answers to these questions will help us to invite the correct companies and CSOs to the networking session, increasing the chances of successful collaboration projects. Please email your answers to Marco Otte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The networking session will be organized in collaboration with IXA VU-VUmc , the Amsterdam Economic Board and the Chamber of Commerce.