To advance interdisciplinary research on the digital society, the Network Institute employs several funding instruments.
- Our hallmark funding scheme is the Network Institute Academy Assistant (NIAA) program, which each year funds 10-15 positions for excellent student assistants to work with staff in small interdisciplinary research groups on highly focused projects.
- Every two years, we hand out three Industry Research Vouchers in a competitive round, allowing NI researchers to work together with a company on a valorization project for a period of one (full) month.
- In addition, there is an open program to sponsor (usually with € 500) events and initiatives by NI members which help us to pursue our agenda of advancing interdisciplinary research on the digital society. For more information, e-mail Ivano Malavolta: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also actively endorse Open Access Publishing by offering to reimburse € 500 in fees for your open access-published paper (first come, first served).
- We offer participants of our yearly IWDS workshop research vouchers of 1k, 1.5k, and 2.5k to further develop initial collaborative ideas.
More funding programs are on the way; we will keep you posted!
|Initiative||Deadline||Call status||Target audience|
|Academy Assistants – 2023/2024||20th June, 2023||Closed||Researchers, PhD candidates, Msc students|
|NI Research Visits 2023||1st June, 2023||Closed||PhD candidates, postdocs, UDs, UHDs, Profs|
|IWDS 2023 research vouchers||17th March, 2023||Closed||Attendees of IWDS 2023|
|NI Research Visits 2022||16th September, 2022||Closed||PhD candidates, postdocs, UDs, UHDs, Profs|
|Academy Assistants – 2022/2023||24th June, 2022||Closed||Researchers, PhD candidates, Msc students|
|Use-Me Project||13th May, 2022||Closed||Researchers, PhD candidates, Bsc/Msc students|
|IWDS 2022 research vouchers||25th March, 2022||Closed||Attendees of IWDS 2022|